Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bruno Update

from the popeater:
Paula Abdul was pranked by that trickster Sacha Baron Cohen... and it took her weeks to figure it out. Posing as Bruno, a gay Austrian TV reporter, he convinced Adbul to do an entire interview. Abdul appeared on the Johnjay and Rich radio show and admits the lightbulb went on "at two in the morning. I woke up in a sweat and I went: 'Oh my God' And I'm dying, because you don't expect it."
Her publicist approved the interview, believing the 'American Idol' judge had been voted "Artist of the Year" in Germany. According to Abdul, she was forced to sit on a gardener, and she never did receive her award, NY Magazine reports.
Abdul told the radio hosts, "I'm greeted by this futuristic dude with a mohawk - and he's flaming. I walk in and there was no furniture except a chair. And this guy Bruno introduces himself. He snaps his fingers and says, 'Gardeners'.
"And these two Mexican guys come in, and they drop down to all fours. I see him paying them like 10 bucks."
The pop singer said she became "uncomfortable" when Baron Cohen kicked one of the Mexicans. "I said, 'Get me out of here. This is crazy. This is not funny, this is discrimination. This is abusive stuff going on here'."

No comments: