Monday, April 20, 2009

Comfortable Man Blues

I'm a comfortable man
yet i still have the blues.
I didn't earn the comfort
was given a foundation.
The b word is a real word
so I do use it with caution.
I am sure that I feel it
its been felt by me before.

There are medicine men
with prescriptions to help.
But who wants to be a junkie
padding yuppie wealth.
Wasps will win their way
good news is so will you.
Pursue true burst bright
escape from the shell.

One time I heard a song
it summed up that moment.
Another time I saw a person
in their life I saw my own.
There was a dream I had
when I woke up it felt real.
I'm looking at you in your eye
this is important to me.

I think I am a polite man
with a gentle demeanor.
This was earned through
hard work and family.
I have three hundred dollars
resting in my right pocket.
I am a comfortable man
the money is just matter.

No comments: