Monday, September 1, 2008

death watch/monday thoughts

Late last night I made a trip to Blockbuster to get the final disc of season 2 of The Wire (which is in my opinion among the best TV shows ever- check it out if you haven't seen it). And as I was walking out I saw INLAND EMPIRE on the shelves. I had just read an article mentioning this movie so I decided to get it. This film is done by the same guy who did Blue Velvet and Mulholland Dr., so I had a general idea of what I was getting into. Then I watched it. The whole thing. And my challenge is to each of you to watch this movie uninterrupted the entire way through. It is quite a journey. But the second and most important point of this post is that Saturday the Minnesota Vikings cut Brooks Bollinger. Another great Viking field general has fallen and I thought he deserved at least a mention. That's all. Oh, that and the fact that, following my mugging this past Friday night, the police managed to recover only my Hennepin County library card. A police sergeant came to my apartment this morning and delivered it to me. Hopefully it wasn't used.

1 comment:

Multicultural Friends said...

Pure poetry. Please elaborate on the mugging...thank you