Saturday, September 12, 2009

Street Cred

from realgm:
Allen Iverson said during his introductory news conference on Thursday that he wants to prove his critics wrong.
Iverson formally signed a one-year contract with the Grizzlies earlier this week.
"This year for me is so personal," Iverson said at the news conference.
"It's basically going to be my rookie season again. It hurts, but I turn the TV on, I read the paper, I listen to some of the things people say about me having the season that I had last year and me losing a step, things like that. They're trying to put me in a rocking chair already."
The signing of Allen Iverson has resulted in the biggest boom in ticket sales that the Grizzlies have ever seen.
"The last 48 hours it has been our biggest two days of sales since we started here," says Dennis O'Connor, Vice President of Ticket Sales for the Memphis Grizzlies.
The team is giving fans an Iverson jersey with the purchase of a season ticket package.

No comments: